What is Pilates?
If you have no idea what Pilates is all about then you've come to the right place. Pilates is a form of exercise that was created almost 100 years ago by Joseph Pilates. With so many different styles and types of Pilates in existence today, novices can often get misinformation and become confused as to what Pilates is really all about. Here is how we define Pilates at Asteya Fitness:
Pilates is an exercsise system focusing on generating strong, flexible, controlled and fluid movements that are initiated from the core or "power house" in order to develop a more balanced and efficient body.
Still confused? Here are some answers to some of the most common questions about Pilates:
1. No - Pilates is not the same as yoga
2. Yes - Pilates strengthens and also lenghtens muscles in the same session
3. No - you will not get a six pack from Pilates unless you are a genetically predisposition to.
4. Yes - Pilates can help you improve your posture and reduce back pain
5. No - Pilates is not just for females.
6. Yes - Pilates can help take you to the next level in your sports perforance
7. No - Pilates is not a ballet or barre class.
8. Yes - you will notice your body feels better when you practice consitantly and regularly.
9. No - The Pilates "100's" is not a requirement
10. Yes - A Pilates session can be adjusted to serve all ability levels